Sunday, May 2, 2010

Roman Sculpture

So I continued to work with material from the Tibre River. I created a series of little beings...part animal, part machine. One of my favorite aspects of anthropomorphic work is gesture. With a simple bend of a "leg" or shift of a "head" you can instantly give a pile of junk limitless character. The creatures are all around a square foot.

I also made what I call a religious "painting". It is a portrait of a River God from a religion of my own making. It is accompanied by offerings of Earth, Fire and Water. The energy comes from the cross motif. The figure is about 8 feet tall just to give you an idea of scale.

It has been a while since I have done a sculptural painting. They evolve so much during the making. I hang one thing, throw a nail in it, lean something on that, remove another thing, etc. etc. What I make slowly comes into being.













1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing wonderful story through picture presentation. Lovely post I enjoyed this blog here.
    dean graziosi

    ReplyDelete