Thursday, April 23, 2009

Symbiotic Being




This is my newest piece. I had been calling it a tree being, but during transit to the crit room it collapsed. From its new position it seemed to me, more a nest form. It was built around a basic steel frame. I then wove branches and filled the void with vines and leaves. Inside (which I unfortunately did not shoot before I destroyed the piece) is creature made of a 62 pound hunk of steel, plaster, hot glue, latex and acrylic fur. The sac at the bottom is vacuum, then hand formed plastic. I then coated it in hot glue, latex and saw dust. I filled it with water and lit it with three bulbs from the interior. After the collapse I added another layer of translucent leaves. I put a lot of time and effort into this one. This piece is techniquely a failure because it did not meet the assignment requirements, but I'll gladly take the F. Sorry teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment